John Walter Davis m. Susannah Eliza Virginia MacBee
A Crouch Family Heritage Association Family
John Walter Davis 1831-1916 m. Susannah Eliza Virginia MacBee1835-1874.
It has been said of Davis that he was of foreign extraction, possibly Swedish,
and came to America by jumping off a ship. His descendants, who inherited
his suspicious, dour nature, are doubtful of this and suspect that he may
have made it up himself in order to shroud himself in legend and mystery.
Ditto for what is written on the back of a photograph of him, "John
Walter Davis, veteran of three wars." My grandmother had his watch
until a burglar took it ca. 1990.
1. Samuel Clay Davis 1858-1880
2. Amelia Virginia Davis 1859-1928 m. George Washington
3. Robert Anderson Davis b. 1861
4. Nona Augusta Davis 1864-1882 m. 1881 J.W. Plowman
5. Roberta Estell Davis 1866-1940 m. 1884 William Augustus
6. Laura Malvina Davis 1868-69
7. Mabel Davis m. Plowman (unless that was Mabel Jacobs)
8. Dora Minetta Davis (Nettie) b. 1870 d. 1950s, m. 1889 Frank G. Overby
9. Jennie Evelin Davis b. and d. Aug. 1874
Crouch Family Heritage Association
Permission granted to copy or use information
Crouchmas is May 3
How to contribute information or links
|| Sources and Authorities